Guided Sculpture Tours are one of our favorite ways to share the experience of The Land With No Name sanctuary. We are ready to work with your specific needs to create a customized day of art engagement
All sculpture tours are led by Ted and Kate, who will take your group on a half-mile hike in high desert grassland on semi-improved trails. Stories are shared of the 30+ sculptures and their makers while on the trail.
You can also choose to combine your sculpture tour with guest speakers, sunset BBQ's, and a trip to the historic straw-bale Studio House!
For all tours, we recommend wearing closed-toe shoes, long pants to protect from occasional cactus thorns, and brimmed hats for sun shade. Any high fashion choices are always appreciated :)
The Land is located off the grid, 35 miles southwest of Tucson at 4500 feet in elevation. Because of the remote location, unmarked roads, and lack of GPS service, we will lead you out caravan-style. We ask for a minimum of 5 people in your group.
Scroll down for details on what our tour options are and how to get here:
1. Morning Sculpture Tour with picnic lunch to follow: BYO bag lunch and beverages
2. Afternoon Sculpture Tour with group cookout to follow: Bring something you would like to cook on the grill, finger food, and beverages. We provide coolers if necessary and outdoor kitchen facilities
3. Botany Plant Walk + Sculpture Tour: Guest botanists share their knowledge of native plants on the trail, combined with Ted and Kate sharing the sculptures' oral histories.
4. Sculpture Tour + Guest Artists from the Tohono O’odham Nation: join in dialogue about arts and life on the Nation, and highlights of the region. Guided discussion of current life on the Tohono O’odham nation takes place after the tour at the historic straw bale Studio House located on the Land.
5. Sculpture Tour + Guest Artist Talk from current Artist in Residence: Artist talk and following Q&A takes place at the Studio House.
For transportation information, click below:
If you are interested in setting up any combination of these tour options, please give us a call or send us an email
Kate Long Hodges
(520) 975 - 1965
Ted Wade Springer
(520) 405 - 9602